This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Hello, food enthusiasts! I'm here today to share a dish that's been revolutionizing my kitchen. The dish? A Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole. This delicious casserole is a perfect way to enjoy a hearty, comforting meal without sabotaging your low carb lifestyle. Not only does this dish fit into a keto diet, but it's also loved by the whole family, making your dinner decisions easier and more enjoyable. So, sit back and let me walk you through the ins and outs of this delightful, easy-to-make recipe.
Want a low-carb, family-friendly meal? Try our Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole, a rich combo of rotisserie chicken or raw chicken thighs, cream and cheddar cheese, enveloped in a tangy homemade low carb BBQ sauce. This keto-friendly casserole, with just 5g net carbs per serving, is a tasty, guilt-free comfort food that fits seamlessly into your keto diet and satisfies the whole family.
Why Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole?
As a passionate home cook always hunting for new recipes, this keto casserole has become my go-to dish. One of the best parts of this meal is its convenience and versatility. You can use rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken, or raw chicken thighs—whatever you have in your fridge. Plus, you can whip it up in an instant pot or a large skillet, depending on what you prefer. The ease of making this dish doesn't compromise its flavor—every bite is packed with a delightful combination of tangy BBQ sauce, succulent chicken, and creamy cheese.
The Secret to the Best Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole Recipe
When creating this keto BBQ chicken casserole recipe, I have a few secret ingredients that I believe make all the difference:
- Homemade Low Carb BBQ Sauce: Using homemade BBQ sauce not only gives you control over what goes into your food but also adds a unique, delicious taste that store-bought versions can't match.
- Cheddar and Cream Cheese: These two types of cheese create a creamy, rich texture that beautifully complements the tangy BBQ sauce.
- Garlic and Onion Powder: These two pantry staples elevate the flavor profile of the dish and give it a savory depth.
- Avocado Oil: This keto-friendly oil is excellent for cooking your chicken and vegetables before they go into the casserole.
- Cauliflower Rice: This is an excellent low-carb alternative to regular rice and adds a healthy, satisfying bulk to the casserole.
- Instant Pot or Large Skillet
- Casserole Dish or Baking Dish
- Medium-sized Bowl
- Meat Thermometer
- Nonstick Spray
- Sharp Knife
Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole: The Details
Here's the detailed recipe for our keto BBQ chicken casserole. This recipe serves 6, and each serving contains only 5 g net carbs, making it an excellent low-carb dinner. You can find the exact measurements on the recipe card below.
- Prep the Chicken: If you’re using raw chicken, season it with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. If you’re using leftover or rotisserie chicken, shred it. Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then place chicken in and cook until golden brown and it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Prepare the Casserole Mixture: In a medium-sized bowl, mix the cooked chicken, homemade low carb BBQ sauce, cream cheese, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. Stir until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Assemble the casserole: Spray your casserole dish or baking dish with nonstick spray, then layer the chicken mixture in. Top off the chicken mixture with more cheese and a drizzle of BBQ sauce. For an extra crunch, you can also add some cooked bacon bits!
- Bake: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Bake your casserole for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden brown. You might need to adjust the baking time depending on your oven.
- Serve and Store: This dish is best served hot, straight from the oven. If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge. The dish reheats well, so it's great for meal prep!
Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 rotisserie chicken or 1.5 pounds of raw chicken thighs/boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 cup homemade low carb BBQ sauce (store-bought sugar-free BBQ sauce can be used as well)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- Optional: Cooked bacon bits for topping
- Optional: Additional shredded cheese for topping
- If using raw chicken, season it with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. If using rotisserie or leftover chicken, shred it.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. If using raw chicken, cook it in the skillet until it’s golden brown and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the cooked chicken, homemade low carb BBQ sauce, cream cheese, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spray your casserole dish with nonstick spray, then add a layer of cauliflower rice. Layer the chicken mixture on top. Optional: Top the chicken mixture with more cheese and a sprinkle of bacon bits.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden brown. The baking time might vary based on your oven.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 1/6 of the casserole
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 30g
- Protein: 35g
- Carbs: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Net Carbs: 5g
Remember, nutrition facts can vary based on the specific ingredients used, so it's always a good idea to calculate your own based on what you use. Enjoy your delicious keto BBQ chicken casserole!
Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole Side Suggestions
When serving this delicious casserole, pairing it with the right side can enhance the meal. Here's a comparison chart of different sides you can try:
|Side Dish||Net Carbs||Preparation Time|
|Cauliflower Rice||5g||10 minutes|
|Side Salad with Avocado Oil Dressing||3g||5 minutes|
|Steamed Baby Spinach||1g||5 minutes|
- A keto BBQ chicken casserole is a delicious, low-carb comfort food option that the entire family can enjoy.
- This dish is versatile—you can use rotisserie, leftover, or raw chicken. You can also use an instant pot or large skillet.
- The homemade low carb BBQ sauce, combined with cheddar and cream cheese, gives this dish a rich, tangy, and savory flavor.
- Pair this casserole with a keto-friendly side dish like cauliflower rice or a simple side salad for a complete meal.
Wrapping Up: Dinner Tonight, Sorted!
Bringing it all together, this keto BBQ chicken casserole is an exceptional addition to your meal rotation. Its unique combination of flavors and easy prep make it a family favorite, perfect for a low-carb lifestyle. So why wait? Try out this delicious casserole for dinner tonight, and let this new recipe delight your family’s taste buds. Enjoy your cooking journey!
Don't miss out on the ultimate keto reset program that will revolutionize your health and well-being. Our 30-day ebook is packed with invaluable resources, mouthwatering recipes, and the expert advice you need to succeed. Experience the freedom and confidence that comes with a low-carb lifestyle. Grab your copy now and take the first step towards a healthier, happier you!