I'm super excited to share with you a recipe that has become my absolute favorite in my keto culinary adventures. It's a Crockpot Bacon Wrapped Keto Pork Loin Recipe, and let me tell you, it's a game-changer. This dish combines the richness of pork loin with the smoky flavor of bacon, all wrapped up in a keto-friendly package. Perfect for cozy dinners or impressing guests, this recipe is both easy to make and incredibly satisfying.
When I first thought about making a keto-friendly pork loin, I knew it had to be special. I wanted a low carb dish that was hearty, full of flavor, and easy enough to prepare without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. After a few trials and tweaking, I landed on the perfect combination of simple ingredients: a tender pork loin roast, smoky bacon, and a blend of spices and seasonings that bring out the best in this cut of meat.
- Pork Loin Roast: A cut of meat that's lean yet flavorful.
- Bacon Slices: For that crispy, smoky wrap.
- Olive Oil: A keto-friendly oil to bring out the juiciness.
- Swerve Brown Sugar Substitute: To add sweetness without the carbs.
- Seasonings: Minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper for that perfect flavor blend.
Crockpot Bacon Wrapped Keto Pork Loin Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Net Carbs: 2 net carbs per serving
2 ½ - 3 lb. Pork loin roast
10 Slices of bacon
¼ C. Swerve brown sugar substitute
3 tsp. Minced garlic
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking Steps: Slow and Steady
- Prep Time: Start by drizzling olive oil over the pork loin at room temperature, ensuring even coverage.
- Seasoning: Combine the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and a little bit of garlic powder. Then, sprinkle over the pork along with the Swerve brown sugar substitute.
- Bacon Wrap: Cover the pork loin with overlapping slices of bacon.
- Slow Cooking: Place it in your Crockpot and set it to cook on low for about 4 hours. This slow cooking method is key for a tender pork loin.
- Broiling: To achieve crispy bacon, transfer the cooked pork to a baking dish and broil in the oven. Keep an eye on it to reach your desired level of crispiness.
Tips for the Perfect Pork Loin
- Bacon Quality Matters: Choose good quality bacon; it makes all the difference.
- Pork Loin Size: Stick to the 2 ½ - 3 lb. size for optimal cooking.
- Olive Oil: Don't skip this! It adds moisture and helps the seasoning stick.
- Brown Sugar Substitute: Swerve is my go-to, but you can use your favorite keto-friendly option.
This low-carb dish pairs beautifully with a variety of keto-friendly sides, making it an adaptable choice for different taste preferences. Here are some suggestions to enhance your meal:
- Cauliflower Rice: A staple in the keto diet, cauliflower rice is a fantastic alternative to traditional rice. It's light yet filling and can be flavored in numerous ways – think garlic butter or even a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts: These little cabbages turn into a delicious treat when roasted. The edges get crispy, and they can be seasoned with olive oil, a pinch of salt, and maybe a dash of apple cider vinegar for a slight tang.
- Green Beans Almondine: Sauté green beans with slivered almonds in a bit of olive oil or butter for a crunchy, nutritious side.
- Roasted Radishes: Radishes, when roasted, lose their peppery bite and gain a subtle sweetness, making them a great low-carb potato alternative.
- Creamy Mashed Cauliflower: For those who love mashed potatoes, creamy mashed cauliflower with a dollop of heavy cream and butter can be a great substitute.
- Keto Coleslaw: A mix of shredded cabbage, a keto-friendly coleslaw dressing, and perhaps a bit of Dijon mustard can add a refreshing crunch to your meal.
How to Store Leftovers:
- Cooling Down: Allow the pork loin to cool to room temperature before storing. This prevents condensation inside the container, which can make the meat soggy.
- Airtight Container: Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container. This helps retain the moisture and flavor of the pork loin and prevents it from absorbing odors from the fridge.
- Refrigerating: Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. It's important not to leave it out at room temperature for more than two hours to prevent bacterial growth.
- Oven Reheating: Reheat in an oven preheated to 350°F. Cover the pork loin with foil to prevent it from drying out. This method helps retain the texture of the bacon and keeps the pork loin juicy.
- Microwave Reheating: For a quicker option, you can microwave the pork loin. Cover it with a microwave-safe lid or wrap it in a damp paper towel to keep it moist.
- Meal Planning: Leftovers can be a great addition to your keto meal plan. Consider slicing the pork loin and using it in salads, low-carb wraps, or as a protein boost in your favorite keto bowl.
- Creativity with Leftovers: Shred the leftover pork loin and mix it with keto-friendly BBQ sauce for a delicious pulled pork dish. Serve it with low-carb buns for a delightful sandwich.
This Crockpot Bacon Wrapped Keto Pork Loin Recipe is more than just a low carb recipe; it's a pathway to a delicious keto dinner that's easy to make and a joy to eat. It's a perfect example of how a keto diet can be both satisfying and flavorful. So, give this recipe a try and let the magic of slow cooking bring a delightful meal to your table!
- 2 ½ - 3 lb. Pork loin roast
- 10 Slices of bacon
- ¼ C. Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 3 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place the pork loin roast on a large plate, and drizzle with the olive oil.
Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle with the minced garlic, Italian seasoning and brown sugar.
Cover the pork loin roast with overlapping pieces of bacon, and place into the Crockpot.
Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
Heat the oven to broil.
Place the bacon wrapped pork loin roast onto a baking sheet or baking dish, and brown until the bacon is crispy to your liking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1229Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 473mgSodium: 635mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 157g
Hello, I'm Melissa, the founder and visionary behind Everyday Ketogenic. With more than 12 years of experience in content creation, recipe development, and blogging, I've cultivated this platform into a leading resource for anyone interested in the ketogenic lifestyle. Everyday Ketogenic is my canvas, where I paint with words and ideas, bringing the keto world to life.