We've all had those pizza cravings that seem almost impossible to shake off. Especially when you are trying to stick to a low carb diet, finding the right pizza recipe can sometimes feel like a Herculean task. But fret not, because I've got you covered with this incredible Chicken Crust Pizza Recipe that not only satisfies your pizza cravings but is also a great way to stick to your keto diet! Your will love this low carb pizza recipe.
In the culinary world of low-carb delights, the chicken crust pizza recipe stands as a frontrunner, especially for individuals adhering to a keto diet. This recipe, regarded as a game-changer, skillfully replaces the traditional high-carb crust with a protein-packed chicken base, seasoned meticulously with ingredients like garlic powder and Italian seasoning to impart a burst of flavor with every bite. Not only is this innovative crust easy to prepare, but it also opens up a world of culinary exploration, allowing you to top it with a variety of ingredients, from fresh basil to your favorite cheese blend. The secret to achieving the perfect chicken crust pizza lies in ensuring a well-drained canned chicken, seasoned aptly, followed by a high-temperature bake to get that desirable crispy edge. Remember to couple it with a zesty pesto sauce to elevate your pizza experience to a gourmet level.
I recently ventured out to try a new recipe that promises all the goodness of a traditional pizza without the carbs, and I must say it did not disappoint. The chicken crust came out with crispy edges, and the combination of pesto with fresh basil was a delightful change from the regular tomato sauce bases. So without further ado, let's delve into this delicious chicken crust pizza recipe that's quickly becoming my family's favorite Friday night dinner!
Keto Chicken Crust Pesto Pizza
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
- 12.5 oz. Can of chicken in water drained well
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 Large egg
- 2 oz. Grated parmesan cheese
- 4-5 tbsp. Pesto
- ½ c. Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Ensure that the canned chicken is drained completely. Spread it in a single layer on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
After removing the chicken from the oven, transfer it to a large bowl.
Now, turn up the oven temperature to 500 degrees.
In the large bowl, add garlic powder and Italian seasoning to the chicken mixture.
Introduce a beaten large egg into the mixture and stir well to combine all the ingredients.
Take the chicken mixture back to the lined baking sheet and with your hands, form a pizza shape, creating a sturdy crust.
Bake the chicken crust at 500 degrees for 10 minutes, remembering to flip it over at the halfway mark (5 minutes) and removing the parchment paper to ensure a crispy crust on both sides.
Once pre-baked, spread a generous amount of pesto sauce over the crust, leaving some space at the edges.
Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese over the pesto sauce, followed by the mozzarella cheese.
Continue to bake the pizza for another 8 minutes until the cheese has browned nicely and the edges of the crust are crispy.
Finish your pizza with a garnishing of fresh basil leaves.
Your delicious chicken crust pizza is ready to be sliced into thirds and enjoyed!
Key Takeaways: keto chicken crust pizza recipe
- This low carb chicken pizza crust recipe is an easy keto meal solution for the whole family. It perfectly curbs those pizza cravings while aligning with a low-carb or ketogenic diet.
- The use of canned chicken saves time without compromising on the taste and texture of the crust.
- Pesto sauce provides a refreshing twist to the traditional tomato sauce based pizzas, offering a burst of flavors that complement the chicken crust wonderfully.
- Remember to pre-bake the crust at 500 degrees for a perfect crispy edge.
Tips for a Perfect Chicken Crust Pizza
- Choosing Your Chicken: While this recipe uses canned chicken, you can also opt for ground turkey or a mixture of ground chicken and pork rinds to create a varied texture.
- Getting the Right Tools: Utilizing a pizza stone or a pizza pan can help in achieving an evenly baked crust. Using a rolling pin can also assist in getting that perfect pizza shape.
- Experimenting with Toppings: Feel free to experiment with your favorite pizza toppings. From black olives to red onion and bell peppers, customize the pizza to your liking.
- Cheese Varieties: While this recipe calls for parmesan and mozzarella cheese, don't hesitate to sprinkle a bit of cream cheese for a rich and creamy texture.
1. Can I use a Food Processor to make the chicken mixture?
Yes, a food processor can make the job easier, especially when combining the chicken mixture to a uniform consistency. It's a great way to save time and get a fine mixture ready for your pizza base.
2. Can I replace Pesto with traditional Pizza Sauce?
Absolutely! If pesto isn't your favorite, feel free to go for the classic low carb tomato sauce or even a tangy low carb barbecue sauce to give your pizza a new flavor.
3. Is there a substitute for canned chicken in this recipe?
Yes, if you prefer, you can use raw ground chicken or even ground turkey as an alternative. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
4. Can this recipe be doubled for a larger crowd?
Certainly! This recipe can be easily doubled or even tripled for serving a larger crowd. Just ensure to adjust the quantities of the ingredients proportionally.
5. Can I prepare the crust in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the crust in advance and store it in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap. When you're ready to bake, just add the toppings and pop it in the oven.
In conclusion, embarking on the culinary journey of mastering this chicken crust pizza recipe signifies more than just embracing a healthier diet; it's about revolutionizing the way we perceive and enjoy our favorite comfort food. This isn't just a recipe, it's a gateway to experiencing a rich tapestry of textures and flavors, offering a harmonious blend of culinary innovation and hearty satisfaction that caters to both the keto enthusiasts and the pizza lovers.
As you delve into creating this masterpiece, remember that each bite offers not just a burst of sensational flavors but also a testament to the versatility and innovation that defines contemporary cuisine. This recipe stands as a beacon of ingenuity, offering a nutritious yet utterly delightful alternative that doesn't compromise on flavor and satisfaction.
So, I invite you to reinvent your Friday nights pizza night, to explore the delightful harmony of taste and wellness that this chicken crust pizza recipe promises. As you savor each bite, know that you are nurturing your body without forfeiting the joy of indulging in a delicious pizza meal. Here's to embarking on culinary adventures that are both delightful and nourishing. Happy cooking!
- 12.5 oz. Can of chicken in water drained well
- ● 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- ● 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ● 1 Large egg
- ● 2 oz. Grated parmesan cheese
- ● 4-5 tbsp. Pesto
- ● ½ c. Mozzarella cheese
- ● Fresh basil leaves
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Make sure the canned chicken is drained completely, and then lay the chicken in a
single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the chicken for 10
minutes at 375 degrees
3. Remove the chicken from the oven and place it into a mixing bowl.
4. Raise the heat on the oven to 500 degrees.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning to the chicken
in the mixing bowl.
6. Pour in 1 large egg that has been beaten, and stir to combine the mixture well.
7. Return the chicken mixture to the parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten it out with
your hands to form the shape of a pizza crust.
8. Bake the chicken crust at 500 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove it from the oven at
five minutes, flip it over, and remove the parchment paper. Continue to bake the
other side for the remaining 5 minutes of bake time.
9. Once the crust has finished pre-baking, remove it from the oven and top it with 4-5
tablespoons of pesto sauce. Cover the entire top of the crust, but leave a bit of room
around the edges.
10. Top the pesto sauce with 2 ounces of grated parmesan cheese.
11. Sprinkle ½ cup of Mozzarella cheese on top of your pizza crust.
12. Bake your pizza for 8 more minutes at 500 degrees, or until the toppings have
browned and the edge of the crust has become crispy.
13. Once your pizza has been removed from the oven, top it with fresh basil leaves if
14. Cut the pizza into thirds and enjoy!
Hello, I'm Melissa, the founder and visionary behind Everyday Ketogenic. With more than 12 years of experience in content creation, recipe development, and blogging, I've cultivated this platform into a leading resource for anyone interested in the ketogenic lifestyle. Everyday Ketogenic is my canvas, where I paint with words and ideas, bringing the keto world to life.