This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Are you ready to embark on a new culinary journey? What if I told you that you could still enjoy the rich flavors of classic stuffed peppers without any guilt about going off your diet? Yes, you heard it right! With my Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers, it's possible to satisfy your craving while still adhering to your low-carb lifestyle.
Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers are a delicious low-carb dish perfect for those on a ketogenic diet. They're made by stuffing halved bell peppers with a savory ground beef mixture seasoned with spices like chili powder, paprika, and cumin. This dish is topped with shredded cheddar cheese and baked until tender. Each serving of Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers offers a blend of dietary fiber, vitamin C, and high-quality protein, with a net carb count of just 4 grams. They are not just a great meal option for the keto dieter, but also a healthy choice for anyone looking for a nutrient-dense, gluten-free meal.
The Magic of Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers
These delectable Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers are not only a feast for the eyes but also packed with delightful flavors. Here's a secret: they are deliciously cheesy with a golden-brown crust and a meat mixture so sumptuous that it will make your taste buds dance in delight.
This Keto stuffed bell peppers recipe combines the best of the Keto world - lots of cheese, ground beef, and a blend of flavors that will leave you craving more. What's even more exciting is that this great meal is suitable for the whole family, whether they are on a ketogenic diet or not.
Health Benefits of Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers
The Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers are not only tasty but also packed with health benefits. Thanks to bell peppers, you get a dose of Vitamin C, which aids in boosting your immune system. In addition, the use of olive oil adds a heart-healthy fat to your diet. Plus, we'll be substituting traditional ingredients with keto-friendly options to keep the carb count low. Now, let's not forget that this dish is packed with proteins from the ground meat, keeping you full and energized for longer periods.
Ingredients for Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers
This recipe serves six, and here is what you need:
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 ½ lb. Ground beef
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Large bell peppers
- 1 tbsp. Chili powder
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 ½ tsp. Cumin
- 1 c. Shredded lettuce
- 6 Cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp. Full fat sour cream
- 1 c. Shredded cheddar cheese
Supplies You Need For This Recipe
- Large Skillet
- Baking dish
- Wooden spoon
- Cutting board
- Oven mitts
Steps to Make Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers
Before we dive into the step-by-step guide, let me assure you that making Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers is an easy way to prepare a wholesome, family-friendly dinner without much hassle. Whether you're a seasoned cook or a novice in the kitchen, these straightforward steps will make your cooking experience smooth and enjoyable.
Here's how to prepare these delightful Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion, and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onions begin to soften.
- Mix in the minced garlic, and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Toss in the ground beef, breaking it into small pieces with your wooden spoon while it browns.
- Add the chili powder, onion powder, paprika, and cumin to the ground beef mixture. Stir the meat mixture well, continuing to cook it until it is completely browned.
- Carefully slice each bell pepper in half, removing the insides and the seeds to create bell pepper shells.
- Place the bell pepper halves, cut side up, into a baking dish.
- Fill each bell pepper half with the meat mixture, heaping the mixture up over the top of the bell pepper if needed.
- Top the meat-filled bell pepper halves with shredded cheddar cheese, creating a layer of gooey cheese on top.
- Bake the stuffed peppers in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the peppers are tender.
- Once out of the oven, top the peppers with additional shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, and a dollop of sour cream.
Each serving of these Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers packs:
- Total Calories: 357
- Fat: 24g
- Protein: 28g
- Total Carbs: 7g
- Net Carbs: 4g
- Fiber: 3g
tips for making Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers:
- Choosing Your Bell Peppers: Red and green bell peppers are the most commonly used, but don't hesitate to experiment with yellow or orange ones. Their mild, sweet flavor complements the hearty meat mixture beautifully.
- The Right Meat: The choice of meat can greatly influence the flavor. Ground beef is a classic choice, but ground turkey, ground chicken, or Italian sausage can be equally delicious. Make sure the meat cooks thoroughly before stuffing your peppers.
- Use Cauliflower Rice: For a low-carb alternative to traditional rice, consider using cauliflower rice. It adds volume and texture to your stuffing mixture without adding unnecessary carbs.
- Cheese is Key: A blend of mozzarella and parmesan cheese provides a smooth, creamy finish. For a bit of heat, consider using Monterey Jack.
- Carefully Hollow Out Your Peppers: When preparing your bell peppers, slice the tops of the bell peppers off and carefully remove the seeds and membrane. You want to create a good 'cup' for your stuffing mixture.
- Season Generously: Don't be afraid to season your meat mixture well. Chili powder, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes can bring your stuffing to the next level.
- Consider Your Cookware: You can use a baking dish, an air fryer, or even a slow cooker to cook your stuffed peppers. Make sure the bell peppers are standing upright in the dish to ensure even cooking and prevent them from toppling over.
- Storage and Meal Prep: Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers are perfect for meal prep. They store well in an airtight container in the fridge for several days, making them a convenient, ready-to-go meal.
- Check Nutritional Values: Always remember to check the nutritional values to ensure this delicious meal fits within your keto diet parameters.
Remember, the beauty of Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers is in its flexibility. Feel free to play around with the recipe, adding or substituting ingredients to suit your personal taste. It's a great way to keep your diet exciting and varied!
- Great Low-Carb Meal: Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers are a great way to satisfy your tastebuds while keeping your low-carb or ketogenic diet on track. Whether you use green or sweet red bell peppers, this easy keto recipe transforms them into a low-carb vessel for a delicious ground meat mixture.
- Packed with Nutrients: These stuffed peppers aren't just low in net carbs; they're also packed with proteins and vitamin C. Whether you choose to use ground beef, ground turkey, or even Italian sausage for your stuffing mixture, you're getting a nutrient-dense meal that tastes as good as it feels to eat.
- Easy to Prepare: Preparing Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers is a breeze, even if it's your first step into keto recipes. Cook your chosen meat on medium heat with Italian seasoning, add some tomato paste and perhaps a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, and stuff it into the bell peppers. Top with loads of mozzarella and parmesan cheese and bake until golden brown. In just 5-10 minutes of prep time and some cooking time, you'll have a sumptuous dinner on your kitchen table.
- Flexible and Customizable: This recipe can cater to many dietary preferences. If you're not a fan of bell peppers, you could substitute with zucchini boats. You could also change up the ground meat, switch out the tomato paste for tomato sauce, or add fresh parsley for an extra flavor kick. The only thing that remains consistent is the low carb count, making it a perfect fit for your keto diet.
- Keeping Within Keto Guidelines: With a recipe card in hand and the right ingredients in your kitchen, Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers make it easy to stick to your diet without compromising on taste. The stuffed peppers are a testament that low-carb foods can be just as satisfying, if not more so, than their carb-loaded counterparts. They're a best choice for anyone looking to keep their meal delicious yet within the keto dietary parameters.
- Remember, the preparation process can also be easily adapted to various kitchen equipment. Whether you're using an air fryer, a slow cooker, or a classic large skillet, you can prepare this recipe with the same delicious result.
Enjoy the Delights of Keto Cooking!
And there you have it - your very own Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers! Enjoy this guilt-free, mouthwatering recipe that's perfect for your keto diet, and watch as it becomes a favorite for your whole family.
This recipe is not just a meal; it's a celebration of flavors and health. So, next time you're planning your meal prep or searching for new recipes, remember this one. It's easy to prepare, scrumptious, and a great way to keep your low-carb diet interesting.
So go ahead, give it a try, and share your experience with these Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers. I bet you'll love them as much as I do. Happy cooking!
Keto Taco Stuffed Peppers
- ● 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- ● 1 ½ lb. Ground beef
- ● 1 Small onion chopped
- ● 2 Cloves garlic minced
- ● 3 Large bell peppers
- ● 1 tbsp. Chili powder
- ● ½ tsp. Onion powder
- ● 1 tsp. Paprika
- ● 1 ½ tsp. Cumin
- ● 1 c. Shredded lettuce
- ● 6 Cherry tomatoes diced
- ● 2 tbsp. Full fat sour cream
- ● 1 c. Shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, and
- saute for 2-3 minutes when the onions begin to soften.
- Add in the minced garlic, and stir for 30 seconds.
- Toss in the ground beef, and break it up, stirring often while it browns.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- Add in the onion powder, paprika and cumin. Stir the meat mixture well, and continue
- to cook it until it is completely browned.
- Slice each bell pepper in half, and remove the insides along with the seeds.
- Place the bell peppers halves cut side up into a casserole or high sided baking dish.
- Fill each bell pepper half with the meat mixture. It is okay to heap the mixture up over
- the top of the bell pepper if needed.
- 10. Top the meat filled pepper halves with 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- 11. Bake the peppers in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the cheese has melted, and the
- peppers are starting to turn tender.
- 12. Remove the peppers from the oven, top with shredded cheese, diced tomato and
- sour cream.