This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
If you’re tired of the same old diet dinners, give these Keto Pizza Stuffed Peppers a whirl! Stuffed with all the classic flavors of pizza without all the carbs and calories. It is a great twist on a classic recipe, you’re sure to love.
There is nothing harder than watching delicious food pass you by when you are trying to eat more responsibly. You shouldn’t have to sacrifice flavor for health. One of the best things you can do for yourself and your tastebuds is treat them with my delicious Keto Pizza Stuffed Peppers! They are really easy to make and are packed with all the flavors you crave. It is an awesome way to give dinner a delicious and new spin.
Eating healthy tends to be easier than most people try to make it. With these Pizza Stuffed Peppers, dieting really doesn’t get any tastier. This is a fabulous recipe for the whole family. I use the freshest ingredients when I make them and it makes all the difference. So treat your friends and family with this bombshell dinner idea!
How to Make Keto Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- Preparation - Heat oven to 375, spray your sheet or casserole dish, and heat your frying pan with some olive oil in it to medium-high.
- Food preparation - Cook sausage until browned. While the sausage cooks, prepare the pepperoni and peppers. When sausage is cooked (10 mins), move them to one side and cook the onions and garlic in the same pan.
- Simmer and mix - Once the onions are softened (2-3 mins), add oregano and sauce to the pan. Simmer the whole mixture until the sauce is thickened. Remove from heat. While it cools a bit, add in the chopped pepperoni and 2 cups of grated mozzarella, then stir mixture to incorporate everything evenly.
- Assemble - Fill each pepper up with the mixture and put them in your dish.
- Baking - Bake for 20 mins. Add your pepperoni halves and some cheese to each pepper, then cook for 25 more minutes, or until cheese and pepperoni are cooked. Eat it while it's nice and hot!
- 4 large bell peppers (red, yellow or green)
- 1 lb. cooked sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup sugar free marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers, remove the seeds and membranes, and chop the tops.
- In a large pan, Cook sausage until browned. While the sausage cooks, prepare the peppers. When sausage is cooked (10 mins), move them to one side and cook the onions and garlic in the same pan.
- Once the onions are softened (2-3 mins), add oregano and sauce to the pan. Simmer the whole mixture until the sauce is thickened. Remove from heat. While it cools a bit, mix mushroom, sauce, parmesan and mozzarella cheese, then stir mixture to incorporate everything evenly.
- Fill the peppers with the meat mixture, dividing evenly.
- Place the filled peppers in a baking dish.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot. Enjoy your Keto Pizza Stuffed Peppers!
Tips and Variations
- Storage - Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- Reheating - Reheat using the microwave or oven.
- Use other cheeses - Just like normal pizza, you can play around with the cheeses you use in this stuffed peppers recipe. I call for mozzarella because that’s a classic pizza cheese. However, some other great options would be parmesan, cheddar, fiesta blend, etc.
- Use other meat - You don’t have to stick with my choice of meat. Whatever floats your boat and is keto-friendly. I mean, most meat is, so you should be pretty safe in whatever you choose.
- Make sure the jarred sauce is keto - Not all jarred pizza or pasta sauces are keto-friendly. Be sure to check the label before just grabbing it up.
- Make your own pizza sauce - If you prefer homemade keto pizza sauce, you go right ahead! I don’t have my own recipe for that yet, but I will soon!
Common Questions About Keto Pizza Stuffed Peppers
Should I Boil Peppers Before Stuffing Them?
For this Keto Pizza Stuffed Peppers recipe, you do not need to precook the bell pepper. However, if you’re pretty picky about the texture of your bell pepper, pre-cooking might be in the cards for you. With stuffed peppers, you don’t want them to be soggy, but you don’t want them to taste basically uncooked either. It only takes a few minutes in the oven to soften them up. Therefore, if you like an extra soft pepper, go ahead and pre-cook them. However, if you like it just right, where it’s in between, there’s no need to pre-cook it.
How Do You Soften Peppers Quickly?
The best way to do this is to either steam them or boil them. Most other routes are slower. Although, it doesn’t take much effort or time to soften a pepper. Of course, this all depends on how soft you need or want the pepper to be. In general, to soften a whole pepper, go for the boiling or steaming route to reach a softer bell pepper quicker.
If you enjoyed these Keto Pizza Stuffed Peppers or have questions, please let me know in the comment section below or even on social media!
More Keto Dinner Recipes You Might Like: