This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Hey there! It’s a beautiful day and I’ve been on a keto journey just like many of you. One thing I missed the most was that crunchy snack on the side of my cheese board or with my favorite dip. We’re talking about crackers, folks! Today, I’m diving deep into the world of keto crackers, and believe me, it’s a world worth exploring. Whether you're looking for store-bought options or keen on trying your hand at some homemade goodness, this post is your ultimate guide.
Top 18 Keto-friendly Crackers on Amazon
Fat Snax Almond Flour Crackers: Made from almond flour, these are grain-free and boast a crunchy texture. Perfect for cheese or your favorite dip.
Whisps Cheese Crisps: These are made purely from cheese, making them a high-protein, carb-free snack.
Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers: Gluten-free and made primarily with almond flour, they come in a variety of flavors.
Julian Bakery Paleo Thin Crackers: Vegan and paleo-friendly, these are low carb and made with a blend of different seeds and cassava.
HighKey Snacks Keto Mini Cookies: Though they are cookies, their low carb content and crunchy texture make them akin to crackers for some keto dieters.
Flackers Organic Flax Seed Crackers: Made predominantly from flax seeds, they are high in omega-3 fatty acids and fiber.
Cauliflower Thins: Made from cauliflower, these provide a unique taste and are perfect for those looking for something different.
Hu Paleo Vegan Crackers: Grain-free, paleo, and vegan, these crackers are made with a mix of almond, whole cassava, and coconut flour.
ParmCrisps: Made entirely from cheese, they're crispy and perfect for snacking or topping.
Blue Diamond Almonds Nut-Thins: While they do have some carbs, they're made mainly from rice and almonds. Check the nutritional values to ensure they fit within your daily carb limit.
Organic Mary’s Gone Crackers: Made primarily from organic seeds like flax, quinoa, and sesame, these crackers are both nutritious and crunchy.
Cello Whisps: Another cheese-based cracker, these are airy, crispy, and perfect for those who are serious about their cheese.
Parmesan Crisps: Made exclusively from aged parmesan, these crisps are protein-packed and flavorful.
Foods Alive Flax Crackers: These are raw, gluten-free, and packed with omega-3s. They come in multiple flavors, from savory to sweet.
Nut-Seed Crackers: Crafted from almonds and various seeds, these crackers are a great source of protein and healthy fats.
Sonoma Creamery Cheese Crisps: Made from cheese and combined with grains like quinoa, these crisps offer a different texture and taste.
Crunchmaster Multi-Seed Crackers: These gluten-free crackers are made with a mix of sesame, quinoa, flax, and amaranth seeds.
Moon Cheese Crunchy Cheese Snacks: Another cheese snack that's been dehydrated to give you a crunchy, satisfying bite.
Remember, the keto compatibility of a product doesn't just rely on its net carbs but also on the other ingredients it contains. Always read the labels and check for added sugars, fillers, or anything that might not be keto-friendly.
How to Make Your Own Crackers
Let's face it; there's something truly satisfying about making homemade crackers. Not only do you know every ingredient that goes into them, but you can also tweak the recipes based on your preference. Here's a basic structure on how to make your own:
- Base Flour:
- Almond Flour: 2 cups
- Alternatively, you can use sunflower seed flour or coconut flour, but you'll need to adjust the quantity and potentially the wet ingredients to get the right consistency.
- Butter: 4 tablespoons, melted
- Another option can be using 2 tablespoons of cream cheese or olive oil.
- Garlic Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Italian Seasoning: 1 teaspoon
- Sea Salt: ½ teaspoon, plus a little more for sprinkling on top if desired.
- Binding Agent:
- Egg Whites: 2 (helps in binding the ingredients together)
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Mixing Ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, melted butter, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and egg whites. Mix until a cohesive dough forms.
- Rolling Out the Dough: Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until it's about 1/8-inch thick.
- Cutting the Crackers: Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into square shapes or your desired shape.
- Baking: Transfer the parchment paper with the cut dough onto your prepared baking sheet. If desired, sprinkle a little more sea salt on top. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the crackers are golden brown around the edges.
- Cooling: Remove from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet. They will become more crispy as they cool.
- Storing: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- Experiment with different seasonings. If you like a spicy kick, add some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
- For a more cheesy flavor, add ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese to the dough.
- Add seeds like sesame seeds, chia seeds, or sunflower seeds for added texture and nutrition.
- Enjoy your homemade keto crackers with your favorite dip or cheese!
- Are Crackers high in Carbs?
- Yes, traditional crackers are typically high in carbs as they are made with wheat flour.
- What Crackers Are Keto-friendly?
- There are many available, both in stores and recipes online. Some main ingredients include almond flour, cheese, and various seeds.
- How to Make Cheese Crackers?
- Combine almond meal, cheddar cheese, and a few seasonings. Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes. Bake until crispy!
- Is Pepper Jack Cheese Keto?
- Yes, pepper jack cheese is keto-friendly and can be used in keto cracker recipes.
- Are Graham Crackers Keto-friendly?
- Traditional graham crackers are not, but there are keto-friendly versions and recipes available.
- Why Are Traditional Crackers Not Keto-friendly?
You see, most crackers you find in the grocery store are packed with carbs, primarily from wheat flour. These carbs can quickly add up, especially if you're sticking to a strict low carb diet like keto. But worry not, there are plenty of keto-friendly alternatives available.
- Traditional crackers = carbs. Keto crackers = low carb, crunchy snack joy!
- Store-bought options are available, but making your own is a fun kitchen adventure. You might also love our best store bought chips, cookbooks on Amazon and store bought cereal.
- Essential tools for homemade crackers: rolling pin, parchment paper, and a good pizza cutter.
- Flavoring is key. Don't be afraid to play with different seasonings and seeds.
- Cheese, especially parmesan and cheddar, can elevate the taste of your keto cracker recipe.
Embracing the keto diet doesn't mean saying goodbye to your crunchy snack cravings. With an array of options available online and simple ingredients you likely have in your kitchen, making or finding the perfect keto-friendly cracker has never been easier. Here’s to health, deliciousness, and that perfect crunch! Cheers!