This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Welcome to my kitchen, where today we're going to dive into a delicious, low-carb delight: the keto green bean hamburger casserole. This easy recipe is a family favorite, perfect for those on a keto diet or anyone looking for a hearty meal that's also healthy. With fresh green beans, lean ground beef, and a creamy, cheesy topping, this casserole is a complete meal that will leave everyone at your table satisfied.
Creating a keto green bean hamburger casserole is a simple and delicious way to enjoy a low-carb, high-protein meal. This dish combines lean ground beef, fresh green beans, and a creamy cheese mixture to create a hearty meal that's perfect for those on a keto diet. The casserole is baked until golden and bubbly, resulting in a satisfying dish that's sure to become a family favorite.
What Makes This Green Bean Hamburger Casserole Special?
This isn't your traditional green bean casserole recipe. We're taking it up a notch by adding hamburger meat and a few other simple ingredients that transform it into a low carb casserole that's a feast for the senses. Here's why this recipe is a standout:
- Cream Cheese and Cheddar Cheese: These add a rich, creamy texture and a burst of flavor that complements the green beans and hamburger meat perfectly.
- Fresh Green Beans: Using fresh ingredients like green beans not only enhances the taste but also adds a crunch that's a delightful contrast to the creamy cheese.
- Hamburger Meat: You can use lean ground beef or ground turkey, depending on your preference. Either way, it adds a hearty, protein-packed punch to the dish.
Supplies Needed for Green Bean Keto Hamburger Casserole
Before we get to the recipe, let's make sure you have all the necessary supplies on hand. You'll need:
- A large skillet for browning the meat
- A casserole dish or baking dish for assembling and baking the casserole
- A medium saucepan for blanching the green beans
- A cutting board and knife for chopping the green beans
- Measuring cups and spoons for accurate ingredient portions
Keto Green Bean Hamburger Casserole Recipe
Now, let's get to the heart of the matter: green bean hamburger casserole recipe. This recipe serves 6 and is perfect for meal prep, as it can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 cups fresh green beans, chopped
- 1 cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and ground beef. Cook until browned and drain the excess fat.
- While the beef is cooking, blanch the green beans in a medium saucepan for 3-5 minutes, then drain.
- In the same skillet, add the cream of mushroom soup, cream cheese, heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, and season with salt and black pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Add the blanched green beans and fresh mushrooms to the skillet and stir until they're coated with the ground beef mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish, top with cheddar and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Per serving, this keto green bean hamburger casserole contains:
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 30g- Protein: 30g
- Net Carbs: 8g
tips for making the keto green bean hamburger:
- Always use fresh green beans if possible. They have a better texture and flavor compared to canned green beans.
- Brown the ground beef thoroughly before adding other ingredients. This enhances the flavor of the casserole.
- Don't rush the baking process. Let the casserole bake until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown for the best texture and flavor.
- Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese. Mozzarella, gouda, or Monterey Jack would all work well in this recipe.
- You can add other low-carb vegetables like cauliflower, bell peppers, or zucchini to the casserole. Just remember to adjust the cooking time as needed.
- If you're using ground turkey or chicken instead of beef, make sure to season it well as poultry tends to be milder in flavor.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The casserole will keep for 3-4 days and can be reheated in the oven or microwave.
- If you're making this casserole for kids, consider using milder cheeses and cutting the green beans into smaller pieces.
- For a low-fat version, use lean ground turkey, replace the heavy cream with a low-fat cream alternative, and use low-fat versions of the cheeses.
- Always preheat your oven before baking the casserole for the best results.
Comparing Different Keto Green Bean Hamburger Casserole Recipes
There are many variations of the keto green bean hamburger casserole out there, each with its unique twist. Here's a quick comparison:
|Recipe||Key Differences||Net Carbs|
|Our Recipe||Uses cream cheese and heavy cream for a rich, creamy texture||8g|
|Recipe B||Uses cauliflower rice instead of cream of mushroom soup, reducing the carb count||6g|
|Recipe C||Adds crispy onions on top for extra crunch||9g|
|Recipe D||Uses pork rinds instead of cheese for a crunchy topping||7g|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use canned soups in this recipe?While canned soups can be used for convenience, they often contain hidden carbs and preservatives. It's best to stick to fresh ingredients for a healthier, low-carb version of this casserole.
- Can I substitute the ground beef with other meats?Absolutely! Ground turkey is a great substitute if you prefer a leaner option. You can also use chicken or pork, depending on your preference.
- How long can I store this casserole?This casserole can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. It's a great option for meal prep!
- Can I freeze this casserole?Yes, you can freeze this casserole. Just make sure it's in an airtight container. When you're ready to eat, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven.
- Can I add other vegetables to this casserole?Of course! Feel free to add other low-carb vegetables like cauliflower, bell peppers, or zucchini. Just remember to adjust the cooking time as needed.
- This keto green bean hamburger casserole is a hearty, complete meal that's perfect for the whole family.
- Using fresh green beans and lean ground beef makes this a healthy recipe that's also high in protein.
- This casserole is perfect for meal prep and can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- You can customize this recipe by adding other low-carb vegetables or substituting the ground beef with other meats.
- Remember to use fresh ingredients whenever possible for the best taste and nutritional value.
In conclusion, this keto green bean casserole is a fantastic low-carb dish that's not only delicious but also nutritious. It's an easy recipe that requires minimal prep work and is sure to become a family favorite. Whether you're on a keto diet or just looking for a hearty meal that's also healthy, this casserole is a perfect way to satisfy your cravings without the guilt. So why wait? Try this recipe today and enjoy a delicious, low-carb meal that's sure to impress!
Commonly Asked Questions
The main ingredients are lean ground beef, fresh green beans, cream of mushroom soup, cream cheese, heavy cream, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, fresh mushrooms, and olive oil.
You start by browning the ground beef in a large skillet, then adding the cream of mushroom soup, cream cheese, heavy cream, and Worcestershire sauce. Add blanched green beans and fresh mushrooms, then transfer the mixture to a casserole dish. Top with cheddar and parmesan cheese and bake until golden.
Yes, you can, but fresh green beans are recommended for their superior taste and texture.
You can add other low-carb vegetables like cauliflower or bell peppers, substitute the ground beef with ground turkey or chicken, or use different types of cheese for the topping.
Each serving of this casserole contains 8g net carbs.
Yes, you can freeze this casserole. Store it in an airtight container, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight, and reheat in the oven when ready to eat.
You can substitute ground beef with ground turkey, chicken, or pork, depending on your preference.
It takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 20-25 minutes to bake, making a total of around 35-40 minutes.
Yes, you can add other low-carb vegetables like cauliflower, bell peppers, or zucchini. Just remember to adjust the cooking time as needed.
You can substitute the cream cheese and heavy cream with dairy-free alternatives like coconut cream or almond milk cream cheese. Use a dairy-free cheese substitute for the topping.
A fresh salad, cauliflower rice, or roasted vegetables would pair well with this casserole.
You can substitute the ground beef with a plant-based meat substitute and use vegan-friendly alternatives for the cream cheese, heavy cream, and cheeses.
If you substitute the dairy ingredients with paleo-friendly alternatives, such as almond milk cream cheese and a dairy-free cheese substitute, this casserole can be made suitable for a paleo diet.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Yes, ground turkey is a great substitute if you prefer a leaner option.
Use fresh ingredients whenever possible for the best taste and nutritional value. Also, don't rush the baking process - let the casserole bake until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown for the best texture and flavor.
You can make this dish more kid-friendly by cutting the green beans into smaller pieces and using milder cheeses that kids tend to prefer, like mozzarella.
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese. Mozzarella, gouda, or Monterey Jack would all work well in this recipe.
To make a low-fat version, use lean ground turkey instead of beef, replace the heavy cream with a low-fat cream alternative, and use low-fat versions of the cheeses.
This casserole is high in protein from the ground beef and cheese, and low in carbs due to the use of green beans and other low-carb ingredients. It's also a good source of vitamins and minerals from the fresh vegetables. It's a hearty and nutritious meal that fits well into a keto diet.
Don't miss out on the ultimate keto reset program that will revolutionize your health and well-being. Our 30-day ebook is packed with invaluable resources, mouthwatering recipes, and the expert advice you need to succeed. Experience the freedom and confidence that comes with a low-carb lifestyle. Grab your copy now and take the first step towards a healthier, happier you!