Hello, my dear friends! If you are a fan of the ketogenic diet and matcha drinks, then you're going to love this. Today, I'll be sharing my absolute favorite keto matcha latte recipe. It's perfect for those on a low carb diet, and I guarantee, it's a delicious recipe you'll want to make again and again.
In the world of favorite drinks, this keto matcha latte recipe is king. It's rich in healthy fats and brimming with the subtle, earthy flavor of high-quality matcha. And the best part? It has the added advantage of fitting perfectly into your ketogenic diet. No added sugar here – just simple ingredients, straightforward preparation, and a final product that's truly a delight to sip.
Keto Matcha Latte Recipe
- 1 tsp high-quality matcha powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or MCT oil
- Monk fruit sweetener, to taste
- Warm water
- Heavy cream (optional, for topping)
- In a small saucepan, heat the unsweetened almond milk and coconut oil on medium heat.
- While your milk is heating, add the matcha powder to a small bowl.
- Add a little warm water to the matcha powder. Use a bamboo whisk to mix until the matcha forms a thick, frothy paste with no lumps.
- Once your milk is hot, slowly add the matcha paste, whisking continuously to ensure everything is well combined.
- Sweeten your matcha latte with monk fruit sweetener, adjusting to your taste.
- Pour your hot matcha latte into your favorite cup, top it with a little bit of heavy cream if desired, and enjoy!
Per serving (recipe makes 1 serving)
- Calories: 110
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 20mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugars: 0g (includes 0g added sugars)
- Protein: 1g
Please note: Nutritional information is estimated and may vary depending on exact serving size, types of ingredients used, and other factors. Always consult a nutritionist or your healthcare provider for precise information. This information is based on the specific brands and ingredients I used, and it's always a good idea to check the labels on the products you use to calculate precise nutritional information.
Why Choose This Keto Matcha Latte Recipe?
There are many matcha recipes out there, but this one is perfect for those following a ketogenic diet. Unlike your regular green teas or coffee shop matcha drinks, our recipe uses coconut milk, MCT oil, and no added sugar, making it an excellent low-carb option.
Additionally, instead of using premade matcha latte mixes that might contain sugar or carbs, this recipe uses ceremonial grade matcha powder. This ensures that you're getting all the nutritional benefits of matcha, including its powerful antioxidants, with zero extra carbs.
With this recipe, you're not just enjoying a hot drink – you're also getting a boost of energy, which is excellent for those on a keto diet. Matcha contains a particular type of amino acid that provides a slow-release of energy, making it a great option for those looking for a sustained energy boost.
Tips for Making the Perfect Keto Matcha Latte
- Quality over quantity: Always opt for high-quality matcha. Your matcha tea should be a vibrant green color with no brown undertones. Low-quality matcha often has a dull, yellowish color and won't give you the same flavor or nutritional benefits.
- Froth it up: Using a milk frother can help incorporate the matcha powder into the milk better. If you don't have a frother, a blender or even a good old-fashioned whisk can do the trick.
- Sweeten it your way: When it comes to sweetening your keto matcha latte, you have options. Monk fruit sweetener is a fantastic low-carb choice, but erythritol or stevia can also work. Remember, the key is to use a sugar substitute that fits your dietary needs and taste preferences.
- Top it off: If you're in the mood for a little extra indulgence, top your hot matcha latte with a dollop of heavy cream. It not only adds a touch of luxury to your drink but also ups the healthy fat content, keeping you fuller for longer.
- The right temperature: Never boil your matcha directly, as it can make it bitter. Instead, add it to your hot almond milk and whisk until well incorporated.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Keto Matcha Latte Recipe
Can I Use Other Types of Milk for This Recipe?
Absolutely! While this recipe calls for unsweetened almond milk, feel free to substitute it with your favorite milk. Coconut milk or heavy cream could also be great alternatives. Just keep an eye on the carb content if you're sticking to a strict ketogenic diet.
Can I Use Regular Green Tea Instead of Matcha?
While you could technically use regular green tea, it won't give you the same flavor or nutritional benefits as matcha. Matcha is made from whole leaf green tea, which is then ground into a fine powder. This process ensures that all the nutritional goodness of the tea leaf is retained.
I Don’t Have a Bamboo Whisk. Can I Still Make This Recipe?
Absolutely. While a bamboo whisk is traditional in matcha preparation, you can use a regular whisk or even a blender to mix your matcha. The key is to ensure that the matcha is fully dissolved and frothy.
How Many Carbs Are in This Matcha Latte?
Depending on the exact ingredients you use, this keto matcha latte recipe will typically have about 1.5-2 grams of net carbs per serving. Be sure to check the nutritional data on your specific ingredients to ensure they fit within your dietary needs.
Can I Make an Iced Version of This Matcha Latte?
Certainly! Just let your matcha latte cool down a bit, pour it over a tall glass full of ice cubes, and there you have it: a refreshing iced matcha latte perfect for a hot day.
- This keto matcha latte recipe is easy to make and fits perfectly into a low-carb ketogenic diet.
- High-quality matcha, unsweetened almond milk, and coconut oil or MCT oil are the main ingredients in this recipe.
- Always use high-quality, ceremonial grade matcha for the best flavor and nutritional benefits.
- You can sweeten your matcha latte with a keto-friendly sweetener of your choice.
- Heavy cream can be used as a topping for added creaminess and healthy fats.
- You can substitute almond milk with your preferred milk but keep an eye on the carb content.
- This recipe typically has about 1.5-2 grams of net carbs per serving.
Comparison Chart of Keto Matcha Latte Recipe and Regular Matcha Latte
|Keto Matcha Latte
|Regular Matcha Latte
Alternatives to Keto Matcha Latte Recipe
- Bulletproof Matcha Latte: Add a teaspoon of grass-fed butter to your hot matcha latte. The butter will provide added healthy fats and give your latte a deliciously creamy texture.
- Iced Matcha Latte: Chill your matcha latte and serve it over ice for a refreshing cold drink. Remember to use ice cubes made from unsweetened almond milk to keep your drink low in carbs.
- Matcha Smoothie: Blend your matcha with almond milk, a handful of spinach, and a scoop of low-carb protein powder for a quick and nutritious keto-friendly breakfast or snack.
- Matcha Tea: If you're in the mood for something simple, you can enjoy your matcha in its purest form as a hot tea. Just whisk your matcha powder with hot water and enjoy.
- Coconut Matcha Latte: Substitute almond milk with coconut milk for a tropical twist on your matcha latte. The rich flavor of coconut milk pairs beautifully with the earthy notes of matcha.
In conclusion, this keto matcha latte recipe is a delightful way to enjoy matcha while sticking to a ketogenic diet. It's packed with healthy fats, incredibly easy to make, and versatile enough that you can tweak it to suit your specific taste preferences. So why wait? Enjoy a cup of this delicious keto matcha latte today!
Hello, I'm Melissa, the founder and visionary behind Everyday Ketogenic. With more than 12 years of experience in content creation, recipe development, and blogging, I've cultivated this platform into a leading resource for anyone interested in the ketogenic lifestyle. Everyday Ketogenic is my canvas, where I paint with words and ideas, bringing the keto world to life.