Hello everyone, I'm excited to share with you one of my all-time favorite keto recipes - the Keto Broccoli Casserole with Heavy Cream. This delicious main dish is a hit at my dinner table and is perfect for those following a ketogenic diet. It's full of flavor, easy to whip up, and best of all, it's low in net carbs.
For all of you cheesy broccoli casserole lovers out there, get ready to fall in love with this easy recipe. It's not just any keto broccoli casserole recipe, it's the perfect blend of creamy and cheesy, thanks to heavy cream, sour cream, and a combination of parmesan, mozzarella, and sharp cheddar cheese.
What You'll Need
Before we dive into the recipe, let's go through the supplies you'll need to prepare this keto casserole.
- A quality casserole dish or baking dish
- Large mixing bowl
- Small saucepan
- Large pot for steaming broccoli
- A whisk or large spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Plastic wrap or an airtight container for storing leftovers
- An oven preheated to 350°F (175°C)
Keto Broccoli Casserole with Heavy Cream: A Step-by-step Recipe
- 1 large head of fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: 1 cup of cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken (for a hearty keto chicken broccoli casserole)
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease your casserole dish with olive oil.
- Steam the fresh broccoli florets until they're just tender. The best way to do this is to bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the broccoli, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Be careful not to overcook; you want the broccoli to retain some of its bite. Once steamed, drain the broccoli well, ensuring you remove excess water.
- While the broccoli is steaming, prepare the cheese sauce. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the heavy cream, sour cream, parmesan cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese, and half of the sharp cheddar cheese. Stir in the black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Stir the mixture constantly until it becomes a smooth cream sauce. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the steamed broccoli with the cheese sauce. If you're adding chicken to make a keto chicken broccoli casserole, now is the time to add it. Mix well, ensuring each broccoli floret is well-coated in sauce.
- Pour the broccoli mixture into the greased casserole dish, spreading it out evenly. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley for a pop of color and added flavor.
Nutritional Information: (per serving)
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 18g
- Protein: 10g
- NetCarbs: 4g
The Versatility of the Keto Broccoli Casserole with Heavy Cream
A great thing about the Keto Broccoli Casserole with Heavy Cream is how versatile it is. You can serve it as a delicious side dish or a main dish, depending on your preferences or dietary needs. Hosting a holiday meal or a get-together with friends who are also on the ketogenic diet? This casserole is a sure crowd-pleaser.
Even if your dinner guests are not strictly following a keto diet, the creamy, cheesy delight that this dish offers can easily win anyone over. Plus, it can be a full meal on its own if you opt to include rotisserie chicken or ground beef. Talk about a keto recipe that caters to everyone at the dinner table!
Quick and Easy Keto Recipes: Time-Saving Tips
The Keto Broccoli Casserole with Heavy Cream is not just delicious, it's also an easy recipe that doesn't require you to spend all day in the kitchen. And who doesn't love quick and easy keto recipes, right?
If you're like me, always looking for ways to save time in the kitchen, you'll appreciate these tips. First, you can use a rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store. Not only does it save you time, but it also adds a lovely flavor to the dish.
Second, consider investing in an instant pot or a similar multicooker. It's a real game-changer when it comes to steaming your broccoli florets, not to mention a variety of other cooking tasks. You can also use it to quickly cook chicken breast if you prefer it to rotisserie chicken.
Options for Leftovers: Keto Broccoli Casserole Reimagined
Leftovers are often inevitable, especially when cooking for a small family or just yourself. The good news is, our Keto Broccoli Casserole with Heavy Cream is just as tasty the next day.
Remember, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and it'll stay good for 3-4 days. For a quick lunch, you can serve a portion of the casserole over some cauliflower rice for a low-carb, high-fat meal that is completely in line with keto guidelines.
However, if you want to change things up a bit, you can convert the leftover casserole into a cheesy keto broccoli soup. All you need to do is add some chicken broth to a portion of the casserole, heat it up on the stove or in a microwave, and voila - you've got yourself a hearty, creamy soup!
Perfecting the Keto Casserole: Experiment with Flavors
Another beautiful aspect of this recipe is the room it provides for experimenting. You can easily alter the flavors of your keto broccoli casserole with simple additions or changes.
For example, if you want to add a bit of crunch, try sprinkling the casserole with crushed pork rinds before baking. Or for a slightly different flavor profile, replace some or all of the broccoli with cauliflower florets.
Perhaps you want a bit of a spicy kick? Add some crushed red pepper flakes to the cheese sauce. The possibilities are as endless as they are delicious!
In conclusion, the Keto Broccoli Casserole with Heavy Cream is not only a treat for your taste buds, but it's also versatile, easy to prepare, perfect for repurposing leftovers, and ripe for flavor experiments. So, whether you're new to the keto diet or you're a seasoned pro, this dish is bound to become one of your go-to keto recipes! Happy cooking!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Making the keto broccoli casserole with heavy cream is quite easy, but here are some tips to make it even easier and tastier:
- Always use fresh broccoli florets for this recipe. They hold up better than frozen ones and provide a better texture and flavor.
- Feel free to add in some rotisserie chicken or cooked ground beef for a heartier dish.
- For a crunchy topping, crush up some pork rinds and sprinkle them on top before baking.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The keto casserole can be enjoyed for 3-4 days after cooking.
- If you're a fan of cauliflower, you can also try substituting half the broccoli with cauliflower florets or even make a full-on cauliflower casserole.
- Don't forget to drain excess water from your steamed broccoli. It prevents the casserole from becoming soggy.
- Keto Broccoli Casserole with Heavy Cream is a delicious and nutritious main dish for those following a keto diet.
- The combination of heavy cream, sour cream, and three kinds of cheese creates a decadent, creamy broccoli dish that's hard to resist.
- The addition of chicken makes this casserole a full meal, providing high-quality protein along with healthy fats.
- This is a simple recipe with simple ingredients, most of which you can find at your local grocery store.
- Always use fresh broccoli florets for the best results.
- Remember to drain your steamed broccoli well before adding it to the cheese sauce.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container and enjoy within 3-4 days.
- Feel free to customize the recipe by adding ground beef or topping with pork rinds.
This Keto Broccoli Casserole with Heavy Cream is a cheesy, creamy, and utterly delicious side dish or main dish. It's a perfect way to incorporate more greens into your diet in a fun and flavorful way. This easy broccoli casserole recipe will not only satisfy your taste buds but also keep your diet on track. With the step-by-step instructions, you'll find yourself whipping up this delicious dish on a regular basis.
The best part? You can enjoy it guilt-free knowing that it's low in net carbs and packed with healthy fats, aligning perfectly with the ketogenic diet. So, why not head over to your grocery store, grab the simple ingredients, and make this great recipe for your next meal? I promise it'll be a hit at the dinner table!
Remember, food is meant to be enjoyed and shared, and this keto broccoli casserole recipe is no exception. So, go ahead, make it, share it, and most importantly, enjoy it!
Until next time, happy cooking!
Hello, I'm Melissa, the founder and visionary behind Everyday Ketogenic. With more than 12 years of experience in content creation, recipe development, and blogging, I've cultivated this platform into a leading resource for anyone interested in the ketogenic lifestyle. Everyday Ketogenic is my canvas, where I paint with words and ideas, bringing the keto world to life.