This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
This Keto Unstuffed Pepper Skillet ground beef recipe is the perfect choice for those who crave a meal that is not only incredibly easy to prepare and cleanup, but also doesn’t sacrifice when it comes down to the taste or health departments.
Although being keto and low carb focused, this recipe is not complex to make, and utilizes only one skillet to get the job done!
Because of one skillet, the flavors experienced are bold and pleasing to the tongue and easy on the hands when cleaning up! It’s the perfect low carb meal.
Keto Unstuffed Pepper Skillet
- Olive Oil extra virgin 2 tbsp.split into two portions
- Ground Beef 85% lean 1 lb.
- Red Pepper 1 Large large chopped pieces
- Orange Pepper 1 large large chopped pieces
- Riced Cauliflower 1 bag frozen 10 oz
- Mozzarella Cheese 2 cups grated
- Garlic Cloves 2 cloves minced
- Red Onion ½ chopped
- Marinara Rao’s low carb 24 oz.
- Italian Seasoning 1 tbsp.
- Pepper fresh ground 1 tsp.
- Salt fresh ground 1 tsp.
- Green Onion
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Red Pepper
- Orange Pepper
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or any other type of skillet) on medium high heat. While the skillet is getting hot, microwave the frozen riced cauliflower per the directions on the bag, and once finished, set aside.
- In the hot skillet, add olive oil and ground beef and mix.
- Cook the beef until it’s brown stirring frequently. 5-7 min.
- Remove the browned beef from heat, drain the grease and set the beef aside to be added later.
- Return the skillet to the range, and resume heating it at medium high heat.
- Add the second portion of olive oil to the skillet and add the peppers, onion and garlic. Sauté the mix until it becomes translucent or soft.
- Now add the marinara, cauliflower, ground beef, pepper, salt, and Italian seasoning. Stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 12 minutes allowing the mixture to reduce.
- Now adjust the heat to low and top with mozzarella cheese. Cover the skillet until the cheese is melted.
- FINALE: Garnish with red pepper flakes, chopped green onion and peppers!
- Serve and ENJOY!