This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Are you craving a sweet treat, but trying to stick to your low-carb or keto diet? Look no further than this easy Keto Peanut Butter Cookies recipe! By using almond flour and a low-carb sweetener, these cookies are perfect for those following a keto diet, but still want to satisfy their sweet tooth.
Whether you're a fan of classic peanut butter cookies, or prefer a chewy, crisscross-marked version, this recipe has got you covered. With simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can whip up a batch of delicious low carb peanut butter cookies in no time. So preheat your oven, grab your cookie sheet and let's get baking!
What are keto peanut butter cookies?
Keto peanut butter cookies are a low-carb, high-fat dessert that fits perfectly into a ketogenic diet. Unlike traditional peanut butter cookies, keto peanut butter cookies are made without added sugar, flour, or other high-carb ingredients.
Instead, these cookies rely on simple ingredients like natural peanut butter, almond flour, and low-carb sweeteners to create a chewy, satisfying treat that won't spike your blood sugar.
keto peanut butter cookies
To make the best keto peanut butter cookie, you'll need:
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup low-carb sweetener (such as golden monk fruit sweetener, coconut sugar, or a sugar-free sweetener)
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
How to make the perfect keto peanut butter cookie
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl or with electric mixer, combine the peanut butter, almond flour, sweetener, egg, and vanilla extract (if using) until a thick dough forms.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop or spoon to form balls of dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Use the back of a fork to press down on each ball of dough, creating a criss-cross pattern on the top of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven, or until they are golden brown around the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before transferring them to an airtight container to store.
Here is an estimate of the nutritional information for a typical batch of 12 cookies made with the ingredients listed in this post:
- Calories: 141 per cookie
- Total fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Sodium: 70mg
- Total carbohydrates: 5g
- Dietary fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 5g
It's important to note that the number of net carbs in a recipe can vary based on the specific low-carb sweetener used. Be sure to check the nutritional information on your sweetener package and adjust your recipe accordingly.
Overall, keto peanut butter cookies can be a great low-carb and high-fat snack option, especially for those following a ketogenic diet. However, as with any food, it's important to enjoy them in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
To make these low carb peanut butter cookies, you'll need a few basic tools and ingredients. Here's what you'll need:
- A mixing bowl
- A cookie sheet or baking tray
- Parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- A medium-sized cookie scoop or spoon
- A wire cooling rack
As for ingredients, you'll need almond flour, a low-carb sweetener (like erythritol or monk fruit sweetener), baking powder, salt, creamy peanut butter, an egg, vanilla extract, and optionally some sugar-free chocolate chips or chopped nuts to mix into the dough. With these tools and ingredients on hand, you're ready to start making delicious low carb peanut butter cookies that are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth while staying on track with your keto diet.
Tips for making the perfect cookies
- Use room temperature peanut butter for easier mixing.
- If your dough is too dry, add a tablespoon of almond milk or water until it comes together.
- For a chewy texture, slightly under-bake the cookies.
- Experiment with different kinds of peanut butter or nut butter, such as cashew butter or almond butter.
- Add sugar free chocolate chips or chopped nuts for extra flavor and texture.
Frequently asked questions
Are keto peanut butter cookies healthy?
Keto peanut butter cookies can be a healthy dessert option, as they are low in carbs and sugar and high in healthy fats and protein. However, they should still be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
What kind of peanut butter should I use for keto peanut butter cookies?
Look for natural peanut butter that is made with just peanuts and salt, without any added sugar or hydrogenated oils. Creamy or chunky peanut butter will work equally well.
Can I make keto peanut butter cookies without almond flour?
Yes, you can substitute coconut flour or another low-carb flour for the almond flour. However, you may need to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe to get the right consistency.
What are the best low-carb sweeteners for keto peanut butter cookies?
Some of the best low-carb sweeteners for keto baking include golden monk fruit sweetener, stevia, erythritol, and xylitol. Experiment with different sweeteners to find the one that works best for you.
If you are adding chocolate chips:
Here are several brands of sugar-free chocolate chips that are perfect for baking low carb peanut butter cookies. Here are a few popular options:
- Lily's Sweets Chocolate Chips: These chocolate chips are sweetened with stevia and erythritol, and are available in several flavors including dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, and milk chocolate.
- ChocZero Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips: These chocolate chips are sweetened with monk fruit extract and contain no added sugar alcohols. They are available in dark chocolate, white chocolate, and milk chocolate varieties.
- Bake Believe Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips: These chocolate chips are sweetened with a blend of stevia and erythritol, and are available in dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, and white chocolate flavors.
All of these options are low in carbs and free of added sugars, making them a great choice for baking low carb and keto-friendly peanut butter cookies.
With just a few simple ingredients and easy steps, you can whip up a batch of delicious and satisfying easy keto peanut butter cookies that the whole family will love. Whether you have a sweet tooth or are looking for a healthy dessert option, these cookies are the perfect way to satisfy your cravings. You will love this easy recipe for sugar-free peanut butter cookies.