Welcome, fellow bakers and chocolate lovers! Today, I want to share with you my personal go-to recipe when I get a hankering for a sweet treat. This is my absolute favorite keto chocolate cream pie recipe! A rich, decadent delight that will satisfy your sweet tooth while sticking to your keto diet goals. Trust me when I say that this recipe is going to make your taste buds dance in delight.
What Makes this the Perfect Keto Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
This scrumptious pie is everything a dessert should be - creamy, chocolatey, and indulgent. And the best part? It's all keto-friendly! No added sugars, low in net carbs, and absolutely irresistible. I know what you're thinking - it sounds too good to be true. But stay with me as we journey through this masterpiece of a recipe.
The Perfect Crust: Using Almond Flour and Coconut Flour
The crust is the foundation of our keto chocolate cream pie recipe. For our crust, we'll be combining almond flour and coconut flour, which are both staples in a keto diet. When you mix these together, they create a golden brown crust that's perfectly crumbly yet holds together beautifully, mimicking the texture of a traditional graham cracker crust.
To bind these ingredients, we'll add melted butter and a bit of sea salt to elevate the flavor. Mix all these together in a food processor until a dough forms. Press this mixture into a pie pan, creating a shell that will hold our rich, chocolate filling.
Making the Creamy Chocolate Filling
To make our filling, we'll need some dark chocolate, heavy cream, cream cheese, and egg yolks. Make sure your cream cheese and eggs are at room temperature for best results. This step is crucial to achieve a creamy texture and to prevent any lumps from forming.
Start by melting the chocolate over medium heat, then set it aside. In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and egg yolks using a hand mixer until it forms stiff peaks. Carefully fold in the melted chocolate to the mixture. The result is a silky, smooth chocolate filling that will melt in your mouth.
Finishing Off with Homemade Whipped Cream
The pie wouldn't be complete without a generous dollop of homemade whipped cream. To make this, you'll need more heavy cream, this time whipped with vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Spread this on top of the cooled pie for a light and fluffy contrast to the dense chocolate filling.
Keto Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
For the Crust:
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Chocolate Filling:
- 8 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 large egg yolks
For the Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Crust:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and sea salt.
- Stir in the melted butter until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the pie crust turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
For the Chocolate Filling:
- Melt the dark chocolate over medium heat, stirring frequently. Once melted, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream, cream cheese, and egg yolks until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the melted chocolate until fully incorporated.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the prepared pie dish and spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until set.
For the Whipped Cream Topping:
- Beat the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream over the chocolate filling.
This keto chocolate cream pie recipe yields 8 servings. The nutritional information is calculated per serving:
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 40g
- Protein: 10g
- Total Carbs: 15g
- Fiber: 6g
- Net Carbs: 9g
Please note, the nutritional information provided for this recipe is calculated as a courtesy and is an approximation only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Remember to enjoy this delectable dessert responsibly as part of your wider keto diet plan. It's the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth without sacrificing your keto goals. Happy baking!
Key Takeaways to Master this Recipe
- Always use room temperature ingredients for the filling. This ensures a smooth, lump-free texture.
- For a uniform crust, use a food processor to combine the dry ingredients and melted butter.
- When melting the chocolate, be sure to use medium heat and stir frequently to avoid burning it.
- For the best results, allow the pie to chill in the refrigerator for at least a few hours before serving.
- You can store the pie in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Just make sure to wrap it in plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.
- Don't skip out on the homemade whipped cream! It adds a light and creamy contrast to the rich chocolate filling.
FAQs on Making a Keto Chocolate Cream Pie
1. Can I use a different flour for the crust?
Absolutely. While this keto chocolate cream pie recipe uses a combination of almond and coconut flour for a low-carb pie crust, you can always substitute with other keto-friendly flours such as hazelnut flour or sunflower seed flour. However, the texture and taste may vary slightly.
2. How do I store the pie?
Store your pie in an airtight container in the fridge. You can keep it for up to a week. I recommend covering it with plastic wrap to prevent the pie from drying out.
3. Can I add any toppings?
Yes! Feel free to experiment with various toppings. You could sprinkle some unsweetened cocoa powder or chocolate shavings on top. Or for a festive touch, try some sugar-free chocolate chips or even fresh berries.
4. Can I use this recipe to make a French silk pie?
This recipe is quite versatile. If you want to turn it into a French silk pie, simply add some more heavy whipping cream to the filling to make it even more light and fluffy.
5. Can I substitute the dark chocolate with another type of chocolate?
For a keto-friendly pie, it's best to stick with dark chocolate because it has fewer sugars and carbs. However, if you have a different type of keto-friendly chocolate you prefer, feel free to use it!
Alternative Keto Chocolate Cream Pie Recipes
- Keto Chocolate Mousse Pie: If you're craving a lighter, fluffier pie, consider making a mousse version. Just whip up some more heavy cream and fold it into your chocolate mixture.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie: Add a layer of keto-friendly peanut butter under the chocolate filling for a delightful variation.
- Keto Chocolate Pudding Pie: Substitute the cream cheese in the filling with a homemade keto-friendly pudding mixture for a different twist.
- Chocolatey Keto Pie with a Coconut Crust: Swap out the almond flour in the crust with shredded coconut for an extra tropical flavor.
- Chocolate Lovers' Keto Pie: If you're an ultimate chocolate lover, why not add a layer of keto-friendly chocolate ganache on top of the pie?
Pie for the Holidays
Whether it's Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any festive gathering, a pie is always a welcome dessert. The creamy, chocolatey goodness of this pie makes it the perfect dessert to round off your holiday meals. With its rich flavors and guilt-free ingredients, this keto chocolate cream pie recipe will surely be a hit among your family and friends. So go ahead, slice up a piece of heaven and enjoy the holidays with this delightful treat!
With our detailed guide and tips, you now have everything you need to create the perfect keto chocolate cream pie. You don't have to give up your favorite desserts while on a keto diet - with the right ingredients and techniques, you can satisfy your chocolate craving without the guilt.
This pie is more than just a dessert; it's a testament that a healthy diet doesn't have to be boring or limiting. It's all about finding the right balance and making smart choices. So go on, whip up this delicious pie, and revel in every chocolatey, creamy bite. It's a treat you'll definitely want to make again and again. Happy baking!
Hello, I'm Melissa, the founder and visionary behind Everyday Ketogenic. With more than 12 years of experience in content creation, recipe development, and blogging, I've cultivated this platform into a leading resource for anyone interested in the ketogenic lifestyle. Everyday Ketogenic is my canvas, where I paint with words and ideas, bringing the keto world to life.