I understand the ongoing quest for delectable yet low-carb desserts. Enter keto creme brulee, a decadent and elegant treat that aligns perfectly with my dietary goals. This indulgent dessert isn't just for me – it's ideal for special occasions, making it a standout dessert option for dinner parties and other celebrations. Among the treasure trove of easy keto desserts, this keto creme brulee recipe holds a revered place, offering the perfect balance of luxury and health consciousness.
- Keto creme brulee is a luxurious low-carb dessert, catering perfectly to the demands of the keto diet.
- It's a standout addition to special occasions and dinner parties, elevating the dessert spread in an elegant yet health-conscious manner. This delicious creme brulee will be the talk of any party.
- Among easy keto dessert recipes, low carb creme brulee recipe stands out for its decadent appeal and keto-friendly attributes.
Step by Step Process Video
Keto 3 Ingredient Creme Brulee
With just three simple ingredients—sugar-free keto ice cream, egg yolks, and Swerve—it's unbelievably easy to make and absolutely delicious. It's become my secret weapon for dinner parties, offering that perfect blend of indulgence and health-conscious eating. This elegant dessert not only fits seamlessly into a low-carb lifestyle but also promises an elegant, creamy finish to any meal, proving that keto can be both luxurious and simple.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Net Carbs: 4 grams of net carbs per serving
1 Pint Sugar free Keto ice cream
3 Egg Yolks
3 Tbsp. Swerve granulated sugar substitute
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Spoon the ice cream into a microwave safe bowl, and heat at 30 second intervals until melted and warmed, but not hot.
- Whisk the egg yolks into the ice cream mixture.
- Pour the mixture evenly into two well greased ramekins.
- Place the ramekins into a baking dish, and fill the baking dish up with hot water until it reaches halfway up the outside of the ramekins.
- Bake on oven rack for 35-40 minutes, or until the outside is set and the inside is still slightly jiggly.
- Allow the creme brulee to come to room temperature, and then chill for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with the granulated sugar substitute, and use a kitchen torch or the broiler of the oven to caramelize the sugar on top of the creme brulee.
Tips for Perfection
- Temperature Control: If this is your first time making a sugar-free crème brûlée recipe, precision in temperature management is key when using a kitchen torch to achieve the perfect caramelized top without burning.
- Ideal Serving Size: Utilize 4-ounce ramekins for serving. This size is perfect for individual portions, adding a touch of elegance to any dining experience.
- Elevate with Garnishes: Enhance the visual appeal and taste by garnishing with fresh berries and a sprig of mint. This not only beautifies the presentation but also introduces a refreshing contrast to the dessert's rich flavor.
- Caramelized Sugar Top: The golden, caramelized sugar layer is the hallmark of any creme brulee. Achieving this perfectly adds an element of sophistication and is crucial for making a memorable impression on your guests.
FAQ: Keto Creme Brulee Recipe
Can I substitute the sugar-free keto ice cream with something else?
Yes, if sugar-free keto ice cream isn't available or you're looking for alternatives, you can use heavy cream combined with your choice of keto-friendly sweetener. Adjust the sweetener to taste, and consider adding a bit of vanilla extract for depth of flavor. This substitution might slightly alter the texture but will still produce a delicious low-carb dessert.
What is the best low carb sweetener to use for keto creme brulee?
Monk fruit and erythritol-based sweeteners are excellent choices for keto creme brulee due to their low glycemic index and minimal impact on blood sugar levels. Granular Swerve, a popular erythritol-based sweetener, works well for both the custard and the caramelized topping because it measures like sugar and has a similar taste and texture. You can use your favorite sugar-free sweeteners for this easy keto creme brulee recipe.
How do I ensure the custard sets properly?
To ensure your custard sets properly, it's crucial to bake the creme brulee in a water bath. This method cooks the custard gently and evenly, preventing it from curdling or becoming too firm. After baking, allowing the creme brulee to come to room temperature before chilling it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour helps to achieve the perfect texture.
Can this recipe be made in advance?
Absolutely! Keto creme brulee is an excellent dessert to make in advance. Prepare and bake the custard up to 2 days before your event, and store it covered in the refrigerator. Add the sugar substitute topping and caramelize it with a kitchen torch just before serving to ensure the sugar top is fresh and crisp.
Is there a dairy-free version of this keto creme brulee?
Yes, for a dairy-free version, substitute the heavy cream or sugar-free keto ice cream with coconut cream or coconut milk. Keep in mind that coconut milk is less fat than coconut cream, so the texture might be slightly different. These substitutions can add a subtle coconut flavor, which pairs beautifully with the vanilla.
How can I prevent the erythritol from crystallizing when cooling?
Erythritol can sometimes recrystallize after cooling, affecting the texture of the caramelized topping. To minimize this, ensure the erythritol is well-caramelized using a kitchen torch or broiler, creating a thin, even layer. If available, using a powdered form of erythritol for the topping can also help achieve a smoother finish.
Can I save leftover keto creme brulee?
Absolutely! If you find yourself with leftover keto creme brulee, it's easy to keep it tasting fresh. Simply cover each ramekin with plastic wrap, ensuring it's tightly sealed to prevent any fridge odors from seeping in. You can store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you're ready to enjoy again, you might want to add a fresh sprinkle of sweetener on top and briefly caramelize it with a kitchen torch to revive that delightful crispy top. This way, your creme brulee remains a luxurious treat even on the second (or third) day!
I encourage you to give this customizable, easy keto creme brûlée a try. The best part is that it serves as a bridge between maintaining health goals and satisfying our sweet tooth cravings and perfect for any special occasion. With this indulgent treat, we can relish the joy of a guilt-free dessert, bringing us closer to achieving our wellness objectives without compromising on flavor and indulgence. This will quickly become your favorite dessert!
- 1 Pint Sugar free Keto ice cream
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 3 Tbsp. Swerve granulated sugar substitute
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Spoon the ice cream into a microwave safe bowl, and heat at 30 second intervals until melted and warmed, but not hot.
Whisk the egg yolks into the ice cream mixture.
Pour the mixture evenly into two well greased ramekins.
Place the ramekins into a baking dish, and fill the baking dish up with hot water until it reaches halfway up the outside of the ramekins.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the outside is set and the inside is still slightly jiggly.
Allow the creme brulee to come to room temperature, and then chill for 1 hour.
Sprinkle with the granulated sugar substitute, and use a kitchen torch or the broiler of the oven to caramelize the sugar on top of the creme brulee.
If you love this, you'll also love our Keto Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies, Keto Peanut Butter Dessert, Strawberry low carb dessert recipe: Keto Fat Bomb and Keto Chocolate Mousse Recipe: Quick, Easy & Low-Carb.
Hello, I'm Melissa, the founder and visionary behind Everyday Ketogenic. With more than 12 years of experience in content creation, recipe development, and blogging, I've cultivated this platform into a leading resource for anyone interested in the ketogenic lifestyle. Everyday Ketogenic is my canvas, where I paint with words and ideas, bringing the keto world to life.