This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Don’t feel like you have to miss out on your favorite breakfast or lunch recipes because you can’t eat bread! This recipe is keto-friendly, easy to make recipe that tastes amazing. Eat plain, add pizza toppings or eat as a sandwich. There are so many options with this Keto Onion Bagel.
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals. I get tired of eating eggs so I am always looking for other Keto breakfast recipes.
When you’re following a keto lifestyle, there’s not as many choices to choose from so I am always excited when I find a new recipe that I love.
These keto bagels are one of my go-to favorites because you can customize them so many different ways. They even taste good for those who aren’t following keto guidelines. I enjoy making Keto deviled eggs and Keto nacho chips. They both make great keto lunch ideas.
How to Make Keto Onion Bagels
- Prep – Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine Ingredients – Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
- Add the cheese – Mix together until dough is formed. Add eggs.
- Roll out dough – Roll them each into a ball and gently push a finger through the center to make a nickel sized hole.
- Bake – Cook for 15-20 minutes
Tips and Variations
- Storage – I typically put my extra Keto bagels in a zip lock back and keep them in my pantry. They can also be frozen until you are ready to use them.
- Reheating – Microwave for 30 seconds if you want to reheat them and serve them warm.
- My bagels cooked into each other -Make sure the bagels are two inches apart before baking.
Common Questions About Keto Bagels
What Are Keto Bagels Made of?
Traditional bagels are high in carbs. However, these use ingredients that aren’t normally keto-friendly. Almond flour and Mozzarella cheese help to make keto bagels low carb and delicious.
Do Keto Bagels Need to Be Refrigerated?
I do not put my low carb onion bagels in the fridge but it wouldn’t hurt if you did. I keep mine in the pantry until I am ready to use them. If you aren’t able to eat them fast enough, I recommend putting them in the freezer.
Keto Onion Bagel
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/5 cups mozzarella cheese (freshly grated or bag is fine)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion flakes
1. Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a sheet pan or baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the almond flour, baking powder, and onion powder and mix well.
3. Add mozzarella and cream cheese to the bowl and microwave in 45 second increments
until the cheese is completed melted and forms a ball of dough. Should go through 2
4. Add the egg to the bowl and vigorously mix it or use your hands, just make sure the egg
is fully incorporated into your dough.
5. You will want to make four balls of dough. Roll them each into a ball and gently push a
finger through the center to make a nickel sized hole. Place on parchment paper and
repeat on the other three bagels. Make sure the bagels are two inches apart.
6. Use the olive oil and brush the bagels on top and top with onion flakes.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a nice golden brown forms on top.
8. Let cool for 10-15 minutes and then enjoy!
Make sure keto bagels are at least 2 inches apart before baking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g
Talk to your doctor before making any lifestyle or diet changes. My opinions are not intended as medical advice and should not be taken as medical advice.
If you enjoyed this bagel recipe or have questions about it, please feel free to post below in the comment section or contact me on social media!
More Keto Dessert Recipes You Might Like: