This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Create a quick and easy snack when you make this Low Carb Apple Chips recipe. Topped with cinnamon and a keto-friendly sugar substitute, this treat is great for killing sweet tooth cravings. Ready to eat in less than 15 minutes makes this a great snack for after school or during busy days. These are low carb and not Keto so they need to be eaten in moderation.
I’m a big snacker. I admit it and I know a lot of you are right there with me. I love to snack more than I like eating a meal. It can be a real struggle to find balance between snacking and health, however. Luckily, we have fruit! My apple chips are nothing short of delicious and easy to make. The recipe only calls for three ingredients, and will have you snacking in no time.
What I love the most about these apple chips is that you can make a large batch. This prepares you for future snacking and is so much quicker than using a dehydrator. You could even add some to this Keto Banana Pudding, mix it into a keto granola recipe, or add it to a fat bomb like these Banana Cheesecake Fat Bombs. Whether you eat them as a snack or for dessert, you’ll be in love.
How to Make Low Carb Apple Chips
- Prep the apple - Remove the top and bottom of the apple and then slice it into as many thin slices as you can. Use a small round cookie cutter to remove the core from each slice.
- Add the toppings - Sprinkle the apples with the Swerve and cinnamon to your taste.
- Bake - Lay the apple slices in a single layer in the air fryer and cook for twelve minutes at 375 degrees. Remove, cool, and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Storage - Store these keto apple chips in a baggie in the pantry for up to 5 days. You can store these in the fridge in a baggie or airtight container for up to 1 week as well. I do not suggest freezing these. Do note that if you store them in the fridge, they will most likely get soft and may turn brown.
- Reheating - If desired, you can heat this by tossing them back in the air fryer, if they are being removed from the fridge. This may also help dry them out a bit if they’ve taken on moisture.
- Make them in the oven - If you don’t have an air fryer, you can make this apple chips recipe in the oven. Simply place them in a single layer on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake at 200 degrees for 2-2.5 hours or until an apple slice tastes crisp once it’s been removed from the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Skip the sugar - You don’t have to add the sugar if you don’t want to or don’t have a keto-friendly sugar substitute. These apple chips are plenty sweet on their own.
- Use whatever apples you please - It doesn’t matter what types of apples you use. If you have a specific apple you prefer over others, use that one! I love pink lady apples, so those are the ones I use more often with this recipe for apple chips.
- Easy on the cinnamon - If you don’t spread the cinnamon well and get it too thick on the apple slices, it will taste bitter. I learned this the hard way.
- Make them plain - The best part about these air fryer apple chips is the fact that you can slice them and toss them in to cook without any toppings. They will be just as delicious plain with less work involved.
Don't miss out on the ultimate keto reset program that will revolutionize your health and well-being. Our 30-day ebook is packed with invaluable resources, mouthwatering recipes, and the expert advice you need to succeed. Experience the freedom and confidence that comes with a low-carb lifestyle. Grab your copy now and take the first step towards a healthier, happier you!
Common Questions About Low Carb Apple Chips
What are the Best Apples for Apple Chips?
This really comes down to your personal taste and whatever apples you have available to you. I personally love pink lady apples. They are super sweet and dry up very nicely in the air fryer. You can, however, fit more apple slices in the fryer with a smaller apple, so keep that in mind. Just choose your favorite apple variety and go from there.
Are Apple Chips Healthy?
Apple chips are super healthy! It is just like eating an apple. I like to sprinkle mine with some healthy sweetener and cinnamon to spice things up a little bit, but it is not necessary for them to be tasty and healthy!
If you enjoyed these Apple Chips or have questions, please let me know in the comment section below or even on social media!
More Keto Snacks You Might Like:
Have you fallen off the keto wagon? Are you looking to get back on track? If so, our 30-Day Keto Reset Ebook is for you! This ebook will provide you with all the tools and resources you need to successfully reset your keto lifestyle and reach your weight loss goals.
With our 30-Day Keto Reset Ebook, you can finally reach your keto goals and achieve the body you've always wanted. Order your copy toda