This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Today I stumbled upon a gem of a recipe that I couldn't wait to share with you. Picture this: a busy weeknight, the whole family is hungry, and you need something quick yet wholesome to satiate those growling stomachs. Trust me when I say that this keto crockpot chicken thighs recipe is the perfect solution for moments like these.
In just a few easy steps, your slow cooker transforms these simple ingredients into a dish that's bursting with flavor and aroma. The marriage of minced garlic, tangy lemon slices, and fresh tomatoes infuses the chicken with a medley of flavors that are both bold and comforting. A perfect low-carb feast that doesn't compromise on taste, ready to tantalize your taste buds in just 5 hours of slow cooking time.
Preparing the Perfect Dish
Before we dive into the heart of this post, allow me to tell you a bit about my journey with slow cooker recipes. They are indeed a lifesaver, especially on those days where time seems to be slipping away swiftly. Today, I am sharing with you a recipe that has become an instant favorite for me and my family - the Keto Slow Cooker North African Chicken Thighs.
Keto Slow Cooker North African Chicken Thighs
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
Net Carbs: 2 net carbs per serving
2 ½ lbs. Boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tsp. Coriander
2 tsp. Cumin
½ tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Turmeric
½ tsp. Ground ginger
1 tsp. Paprika
3 tsp. Minced fresh garlic
1 C. Chicken broth
2 Roma tomatoes chopped
½ Onion chopped
½ Lemon sliced
Salt and black pepper to taste
Step-By-Step Cooking Guide
Start with the chicken: Place it in the slow cooker, accompanied by onions, lemon slices, and tomatoes.
Prepare the spice mix: In a small bowl, whisk together the spices, garlic, and chicken broth until well combined.
Combine everything: Pour the mixture over the chicken, ensuring every piece is well-coated.
Set and forget: Cover the slow cooker and set it to low, letting it work its magic for about 5 hours. Your delicious keto crockpot chicken thighs will be ready to delight your family!
Making It Your Own
Customizing Your Dish
We all know that a great low carb recipe goes a long way, but adding a personal touch never hurts. Here's how you can make this recipe your own:
- Cream Sauce Base: Use heavy cream instead of chicken broth for a richer, creamier base. You can also add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese for an Italian seasoning flair.
- Extra Veggies: Add a side of cauliflower rice, which perfectly complements the low-carb meal that the keto diet encourages.
- Adding Heat: For those who love a bit of spice, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes on top of the chicken thighs before cooking can give a nice kick.
- Cheese Love: For a creamy consistency and added flavor, mix in some cream cheese or cheddar cheese into the sauce.
Expert Tips for the Best Results
- Choose the Right Cookware: If you're pressed for time, using a pressure cooker or an instant pot can speed up the cooking time significantly for your slow cooker chicken recipes.
- Storing Leftovers: Keep the leftover chicken in an airtight container and enjoy it the next day, perhaps atop a fresh salad or as a filling in a low-carb wrap.
- Garnishing: A sprinkle of fresh parsley before serving not only adds color but a fresh, herby flavor to these keto chicken thigh recipes.
1. Can you eat the skin on chicken thighs on keto?
Absolutely! In fact, the skin can add a delightful crunch and additional fat content, which is beneficial for those following a keto diet. However, this recipe calls for boneless skinless chicken thighs to keep it lean and healthy.
2. Are chicken thighs or breasts better for keto?
While both are excellent choices, chicken thighs tend to have a higher fat content compared to breasts, making them more keto-friendly. They also tend to be more flavorful and tender, especially when slow-cooked.
3. What part of the chicken is best for keto diet?
For those following a keto diet, it's generally better to opt for parts of the chicken with a higher fat content, such as the thighs or legs. These parts not only provide more flavor but also align well with the keto goal of higher fat and lower carb intake.
4. Is it safe to cook raw chicken in a slow cooker?
Yes, it is safe to cook raw chicken in a slow cooker. The slow, consistent heat allows the chicken to cook evenly, reaching a safe internal temperature. However, make sure not to overcrowd the cooker to ensure uniform cooking.
5. Can I pair this dish with any low-carb sides?
Certainly! This dish pairs wonderfully with sides like cauliflower rice, sautéed vegetables, or a fresh salad. Feel free to get creative with your sides, keeping the low-carb theme in mind.
- This keto crockpot chicken thighs recipe is a hassle-free, delicious, and nutritious choice for busy weeknights.
- Customizing the easy chicken recipe with additional ingredients like cream cheese or a dash of Italian seasoning can elevate the dish to new heights.
- Serving it with low-carb sides like cauliflower rice can make for a wholesome meal that the entire family will love.
- The perfect recipe is versatile and allows for various modifications to suit your taste preferences.
- Slow cooking the chicken ensures it is tender, flavorful, and perfectly cooked every time.
- 2 ½ lbs. Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. Coriander
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- ½ tsp. Ground ginger
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 3 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 C. Chicken broth
- 2 Roma tomatoes chopped
- ½ Onion chopped
- ½ Lemon sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add the chicken to the slow cooker, and sprinkle in the onions, lemon slices and tomatoes.
In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, and whisk together well.
Pour the mixture over the chicken, and stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
Net Carbs: 2 net carbs per serving
Conclusion: keto crockpot chicken thighs
In the midst of our busy lives, finding a crock pot chicken thighs recipe that is both delightful and easy to prepare can be a real treasure. This keto crockpot chicken thighs recipe is not only a testament to the wonders of slow cooking but also a gateway to enjoying nutritious meals without spending hours in the kitchen.
As you embark on this culinary journey, remember that the best dishes are those that bring joy to your table and smiles to your loved ones' faces. So, gather your ingredients, put on your favorite playlist, and let the aroma of cooking chicken fill your home with warmth and love.
Thank you for joining me in discovering this new great recipe. I hope it finds a permanent place in your keto recipe collection and brings joy to your dining table, just as it did to mine. Remember, good food is all about sharing and creating wonderful memories. Here's to delicious keto crockpot chicken thighs and many more culinary adventures ahead!
Don't miss out on the ultimate keto reset program that will revolutionize your health and well-being. Our 30-day ebook is packed with invaluable resources, mouthwatering recipes, and the expert advice you need to succeed. Experience the freedom and confidence that comes with a low-carb lifestyle. Grab your copy now and take the first step towards a healthier, happier you!