This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Make one delicious and unforgettable Fruit Salad when you toss together this easy and quick recipe. The refreshing flavor of mint along with the tartness of lemon and lime juice pair together to make the perfect dressing in this dish. Strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries make up the base, providing an abundance of flavor.
One of my favorite things in the world to snack on is fruit. I love it the most when it’s cold and has a fresh snap to it. Right now, I’m currently head over heels for berries. That’s why I decided to toss together this Fruit Salad, just brimming with berries! It makes the perfect addition to a picnic, a family get together, or just to have in your fridge to snack on.
Note: All of these fruits are Keto friendly in moderation.
This salad even makes a great breakfast or brunch dish. I will sometimes serve it alongside some Keto Everything Bagel Bites or a Keto Breakfast Sandwich. One of my favorite aspects of this berry salad is that I often get to go and pick my own fresh fruits to make it. There’s really nothing better than some berries picked fresh from the Bush or plant. Of course, I don’t always have the opportunity to do that and often am grateful for store bought berries to make this yummy recipe.
How to Make Fruit Salad
- Prep the fruit - Trim the stems from your strawberries and wash your fruit gently.
- Combine fruits - Add your fruit to a bowl and gently mix them up.
- Add the juice - Mix your mint and juice thoroughly in a bowl.
- Mix and chill - Pour your juice over the berries and gently mix them again. Cover and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- 2 Pounds Strawberries
- 8 Ounces Raspberries
- 10 Ounces Blueberries
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Mint, dried
- Cut the stems off the strawberries then wash the fruit gently.
- Combine all fruit in a large bowl and gently mix.
- In a small dish, combine the juice and mint. Mix well.
- Pour over berries and gently mix again.
- Cover in plastic and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Note: These fruits can all be eaten on the Keto diet but in moderation.
Tips and Variations
- Storage - Store in an airtight container or in a bowl covered in plastic, in the fridge for up to 3 days. This fruit salad recipe tastes the best when eaten immediately upon mixing all the ingredients together.
- Mint substitute - I sometimes like to use some freshly chopped mint instead of dried, especially fresh spearmint from my garden. You can also use cilantro or other fresh/dried herbs to season the fruit.
- Only use berries - This berry salad uses some of the best fruits when following the keto lifestyle. I suggest choosing other fruits carefully as some aren’t suggested for this diet.
- Add blackberries - Blackberries are another great summer fruit to add to this keto fruit salad. They’re definitely keto-friendly as well!
- Skip the dressing - Fruit salad recipes don’t require a dressing. If you want to skip the dressing and just make the fruit mix, you go right ahead! It will be delicious either way.
- Don’t freeze fruit salad - Fruit tends to wilt and get mushy when frozen. As soon as it starts to thaw, it won’t be very tasty anymore and will look pretty ugly. I wouldn’t suggest it!
- Make your own quantities - If you like more blueberries than strawberries, you can adjust the amounts you add in. There’s no golden rule that says you have to add in one fruit more than the other. This recipe simply follows what I prefer, fruit wise. If you want more raspberries, go for it! Just remember the dressing amount is made with the listed amount of fruit.
Common Questions About Fruit Salad
Is a Fruit Salad Healthy?
Fruit salad is so healthy for you! It has a wonderful mix of necessary vitamins and minerals that your body loves. Plus, it is super delicious and everyone will enjoy it! One thing to note is that fruit salads vary where ingredients are concerned. So, although this fruit salad recipe is very healthy, some others might not be as healthy. It’s always a good idea to check ingredients when going from recipe to recipe.
What Does Fruit Salad Contain?
Fruit salad contains a variety of fruits and some juice. The number of ways you can have and serve fruit salad really come down to what you like to snack on. The recipe above contains my version of a fruit salad, but there are countless other ways to make it as well.
If you enjoyed this Fruit Salad or have questions, please let me know in the comment section below or even on social media!
More Keto Sides You Might Like: